Orange County Child Support Attorney – California Family Law Code 4050-4076
Child Support Payments
Child support payments were designed to help divorcing spouses provide equally for the well-being of their children. They are generally paid by a non-custodial parent to a custodial parent, but may be used in joint custody as well, particularly if the parents’ incomes are significantly different or the children spend most of their time with one parent. Payments usually last until the youngest child turns 18 and finishes high school, but may last longer for a child considered disabled by the courts. Non-custodial parents are generally required to ensure that their health insurance coverage, if they have any, covers their children as well.
(audio)Can I continue to collect Child Support even if the other parent has relocated to another state
Are There Child Support Guidelines in The State of California
(audio)Will I have to pay Child Support if I have primary physical custody of my child
Our Wallin & Klarich child support lawyers can help you with:
- Ensuring that your children get the financial support they need.
- Ensuring that your income and financial obligations are correctly and completely represented in court.
- Modifying child support arrangements to accommodate new circumstances.
- Enforcing a court order for child support against a parent who has not made required payments.
- Representing parents who have gotten behind in child support (arrears) in actions by government child support services agencies. Legally establishing paternity, or lack of paternity, for child support and custody hearings.
Call Wallin & Klarich today
At Wallin & Klarich, we approach every case with the belief that the person we’re representing could easily be one of our own family members. We’ve seen firsthand how stressful legal matters can be for our clients and their loved ones. We are committed to being available to our clients at all times — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you are involved in a family law matter in Southern California, you should call Wallin & Klarich today for a free evaluation of your case. Call (888) 749-7428 or fill out our online consultation form to get in contact with a legal professional today. We will be there when you call.