September 6, 2013 By Paul Wallin

If you are not happy with the court’s ruling in your divorce case or your circumstances have changed since the judgment was entered, you may be able to seek a post-judgment modifications in Riverside. Post-judgment modifications can be even more complex than the issues that were initially involved in your family law case. If you are seeking to change the orders in a judgment, attempting to do so alone could result in even more frustration and disappointment. The experienced Riverside post-judgment modifications attorneys at Wallin & Klarich will ensure that no stone is left unturned in evaluating your case and getting you the post-judgment orders that you desire.

Post-Judgment Modifications in Riverside

Riverside post-judgment modifications attorney
A Riverside post-judgment modifications attorney can help you if you are unhappy with child support, spousal support, child custody or visitation rulings in your divorce case.

A common type of post-judgment modification is when one party seeks to change an order such as child custody, visitation, child support or spousal support orders. In order to do this, you must file a request for a court hearing and show the court that there has been a change in circumstances since the judgment was entered. While there is no set definition for a change in circumstances, you may be able to seek a post judgment modification if any of the following apply to you:

  • You or the other party have physically relocated or moved away;
  • You or the other party has lost his or her job or had a significant decrease in income;
  • The other party is providing an unsafe or unsuitable environment for your child;
  • You or the other party has a new spouse or is living with another person; OR
  • You or the other party has developed a drug or alcohol dependency problem.

Post-judgment modification issues are very complicated and you should hire an experienced Riverside family law attorney before seeking such a modification.

Post-Judgment Motions in Riverside

If you disagree with your judgment, there are also other ways to change the orders in your judgment. These issues can be more legally complicated than changes in circumstances and therefore, should be handled by an experienced family law attorney. The various post-judgment motions that the experienced family law attorneys at Wallin & Klarich can assist you with are:

  • Motions for a new trial if the court made a legal or procedural error;
  • Motions to set aside the court’s judgment so that the orders are no longer in effect;
  • Motion to vacate because there is a conflict with the courts judgment and its explanation for its judgment; AND
  • Motions for contempt if the other party fails to follow the court judgment.

Each of these motions presents very complex legal challenges and there are time limits for when you need to file for each of these motions. Because of this, it is essential that you hire an experienced California family law attorney to assist you in your post-judgment motion matter.

Riverside Post-Judgment Modifications Attorney

Post-judgment modifications in Riverside are some of the most complex legal issues involved in family law cases. Because the law can be very complex, you should not attempt to obtain a post-judgment modification of your orders alone.

With offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura, Victorville, West Covina, Torrance and Sherman Oaks, the skilled Riverside family law attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have been successfully helping clients obtain post-judgment modifications for over 30 years. Call us today at (888) 749-7428. We will be there when you call.

Leave a comment

Practice area

  • Contact Us Now

    If you want a caring and aggressive family law firm fighting for your legal rights, now is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Latest Posts

SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.