December 28, 2012 By Paul Wallin

Requesting a child custody modification involves filing a request for order (formerly known as “order to show cause” or OSC).

The moving party will provide a declaration indicating why they are seeking a modification of child custody to the court. Some reasons to warrant the modification request include:

1.         One parent fails to follow the current custody/visitation orders;

2.         A relocation of one parent;

3.         Breakdown in parental relations with the minor or neglect;

4.         Any significant change of circumstances;

5.         Growth and maturity of the children warranting a change in parental schedule.

As children mature and grow, schedules between the parents will need to be modified and reviewed. Once filed the court will provide a court hearing and set a mediation date for the parties to attend before the actual court hearing.

It is important to contact an experienced family law attorney to represent your interests and your rights in a marital dissolution or issues involving children, especially when it comes to child custody and visitation rights. At Wallin and Klarich, our family law attorneys have successfully represented many clients facing child custody issues for over thirty years. Contact us as soon as possible via phone at 888-749-7428 or fill out our contact form and one of our attorneys will call or email you. Call us today, we will get through this together.

Leave a comment

Practice area

  • Contact Us Now

    If you want a caring and aggressive family law firm fighting for your legal rights, now is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Latest Posts

SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.