February 1, 2013 By Paul Wallin

If you and your child’s other parent came to a court-arranged agreement for child support, he or she has a legal obligation to pay the court-ordered child support in a timely manner. But what happens if the other parent refuses to pay child support?

You may think it will be difficult to go through another legal battle to enforce child support orders. However, the court ordered this child support, and you can’t continue to let the other parent avoid paying this support. You need to speak to an experienced Riverside child support attorney to help you enforce the child support orders.

What Can I Do if My Ex Doesn’t Pay Child Support?

Enforce Child Support
An attorney can help you enforce child support orders.

If a court ordered child support in your case, you can have child support orders enforced. However, if you do not have court-ordered support, your child’s other parent can’t be forced to pay child support.

The first thing you should do if your child’s other parent refuses to pay child support is speak to an experienced family law attorney. Your child support lawyer will be able to take steps to enforce the order. Your attorney can help you:

  • Seek a child support order
  • Enforce an existing child support order, or
  • Modify an existing child support order

Enforcing Child Support Orders

The most common way to enforce child support orders in California is to contact the local child support agency. It is advisable that you have your Riverside child support attorney file a petition with the court to enforce the order at the same time.

Child Support Orders Riverside
The court will enforce child support orders.

After this, you will likely be involved in a court case to determine if the other parent is indeed refusing to pay child support and to force the other parent to pay child support. These proceeding can be confusing and difficult to understand. That is why you will need to help of skilled attorney to guide you through this process.

Your court case should result in you receiving child support, but if your child’s other parent continues to refuse to pay child support after this, you need to speak to your family law attorney again to determine the best course of action to take going forward. We me able to have his or her wages garnished and the court may place him or her under arrest until they can figure out a way to enforce the child support orders.

Call the Riverside Child Support Attorneys at Wallin & Klarich Today

If you need help getting child support orders enforced, you need to speak to an experienced child support attorney at Wallin & Klarich immediately. You don’t have to continue to let your child’s other parent stop paying child support. Our skilled family law attorneys have been successfully representing our clients with child support matters for over 30 years. We’ve helped thousands of people in their time of legal need, and we can help you now.

With offices in Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Diego, Victorville, West Covina, and Torrance, there is an experienced child support attorney available to help you no matter where you work or live.

Contact us today at (888) 749-7428 for more information. We will get through this together.

Leave a comment

Practice area

  • Contact Us Now

    If you want a caring and aggressive family law firm fighting for your legal rights, now is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Latest Posts

SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.