What You Need To Do and Say When Your Kids Are Taken Away By Social Workers
Here is a list of things you may need to do in the event that your children are taken by social workers:
- Tell the social worker how much you love your kids.
- Tell the social worker that you will do anything necessary to regain custody of your children.
- Where appropriate, after speaking to an experienced child dependency attorney, you may want to agree to enroll and complete any of the following “self-help” programs:
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
- Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Gamblers Anonymous meetings
- Individual Counseling
- Anger Management Counseling
- Conjoint therapy with your child
- Conjoint therapy with the other parent
Why You Need An Experienced Dependency Lawyer
Before agreeing to any course of action, you need to confer with an experienced child dependency lawyer. A dependency lawyer can guide you as to what steps to take in your case. In some cases, you may have done nothing “legally” wrong and therefore the dependency lawyer would tell you to take a specific type of approach.
In other cases, you may have made an error as a parent in how you dealt with your child or your responsibilities as a parent. Your dependency lawyer, in such a case, may have you take another type of approach. Every case is different. Because of this, you need to contact a child dependency lawyer immediately when you are contacted by a social worker. What you say the first time you speak to a social worker can result in serious adverse consequences later in your case.
Contact a Wallin & Klarich Child Dependency Attorney Today
If you are dealing with a child dependency case and are at risk of losing your child, do not waste a second before contacting an experienced lawyer that specializes in child dependency. Here at Wallin & Klarich, we have over 40 years of experience and can help you through the legal process and possibly help you maintain or regain custody of your children.
With offices in Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, Victorville, West Covina, Torrance, Los Angeles, and San Diego, you can find an experienced Wallin & Klarich attorney to help you no matter where you are located.
Call our law firm at (877) 4-NO-JAIL or (714) 587-5954 for a free phone consultation. We will be there when you call.
Was This Article Helpful? Please Share it.
Follow me on: