November 3, 2014 By Paul Wallin
Family Law Court - child custody
Child custody court

Sometimes people want to change or modify their child custody and visitation but they do not want to go to court. They may not have the money to pay a lawyer to go to court for them. Can this dilemma be resolved? Yes. You can try to modify your child custody and visitation arrangement without going to court.

In order to do this, you will need to come to an agreement with the other parent. If you and the other parent are both on the same page and agree on what the change should be, then you can write up the agreement that you have made and ask the judge to sign that and make it a court order. If you need help writing up your agreement, an experienced family lawyer can help you with that. The lawyer will not even have to see the judge to get this done.

Frequently, when child custody and visitation change, child support will change as well. If you and the other parent agree on what the new child support should be, you can put that in your agreement as well. By reaching agreements as to all these issues, you and the other parent will save a lot of time and money.

If you would like more advice as to how to proceed with modifying your child custody and visitation arrangement, please give us a call. We are here to answer your questions.

Call Wallin & Klarich Today

If you or a loved one wants to modify an existing custody agreement, the family law attorneys at Wallin & Klarich can help you through the process. Our experienced modification of child custody attorneys can provide you with legal advice and will be your advocate in a family law court. If you’re thinking of hiring an attorney for a family law matter, call us today at 1-888-749-7428 for a consultation, or fill out the online case evaluation form to the right.

Leave a comment

Practice area

  • Contact Us Now

    If you want a caring and aggressive family law firm fighting for your legal rights, now is the time to contact us.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Latest Posts

SCHEDULE YOUR free consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.