If you have an existing child support order in San Bernardino, you can change the amount that you owe by petitioning the court to modify child support. Depending on your circumstances, the child support modification process can be very complex and you should hire an experienced child support attorney to ensure that you are not paying more child support than is necessary. The skilled San Bernardino child support attorneys at Wallin & Klarich will guide you through every step of the process and help you obtain the correct child support order.
Modifying Child Support Order in San Bernardino
Your child support order in San Bernardino can only be changed if the court determines that there is a substantial change in circumstances since the original child support order was made. There are many changes that courts consider to be substantial. If one of the following changes applies to you, you may be eligible to lower your child support payments in San Bernardino:
- You have lost your job;
- You are making significantly less money now than at the time of the original order;
- There has been a change in the amount of time that your child spends with each parent;
- You are experiencing a financial hardship, such as a large medical expense or the addition of other children to support; OR
- Your child’s other parent has had an increase in his or her income.
What Will the San Bernardino Child Support Attorneys at Wallin & Klarich Do to Help Me?
Our highly skilled child support attorneys will evaluate your case and help you through every step of the difficult process of modifying child support payments in San Bernardino. The typical process that the Wallin & Klarich child support attorneys will guide you through consists of the following:
You must first file documentation with the court indicating that you wish to modify your child support payments, along with supporting documentation that your situation has substantially changed;
Included with your request to the court, you must indicate the appropriate law that you will be using as your reasoning for modifying your child support payments;
- The documents must be served on the opposing party, and the opposing party must have an opportunity to respond to your modification request; AND
- The court will set a date for a hearing where the judge will review all of your documentation, as well as any documents that the opposing party submits, to determine if there is a substantial change in circumstances.
Wallin & Klarich will be with you in every step of your child support matter, to ensure that you are not overpaying for child support.
Child Support Attorney in San Bernardino
Child support issues are very difficult legal issues that, if handled without an experienced child support attorney, could result in you significantly overpaying for your child support. With offices in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, Ventura, Victorville, West Covina, Torrance, and Sherman Oaks, the San Bernardino child support attorneys at Wallin & Klarich have been successfully helping clients modify their child support payments, as well as resolving other family law issues, for over 30 years. Call us today at (888) 749-7428, to speak with a skilled San Bernardino child support attorney. We will be there when you call.